Effective October 6, 2019
This is the website of Kinetic Inquiry, LLC (aka Site).
This website is copy-righted 2012-present by Kinetic Inquiry LLC.
You may email us at email@example.com.
Our postal address is: 12810 NE 64th Street, Kirkland, WA 98033.
Who we are?
Kinetic Inquiry LLC. provides services and products focused on the Feldenkrais Method.
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy periodically. Please re-check this page to ensure that you agree with any changes.
How this policy applies
We offer you services including signing-up for newsletters, buying products, and registering for classes and other events.
What we collect
Data you provide
We collect and store the information you provide to us through the Site. This can include information that can be used to identify you (e.g., your name, business name, address details, email, telephone numbers, login, username, and password). You provide this information to us when you:
- Contact us through a form on the Site;
- Sign-up for our newsletter;
- Send us email messages or otherwise contact us;
- Comment on a blog post;
- Apply to participate in one of our courses, online talks, workshops, or other trainings;
- Participate in our courses, online talks, workshops, or other trainings;
- Register for an account;
- Update or change information or your account;
- Pay for our services, trainings, and products.
We collect information about your activity on our online interfaces, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site.
We may track the way that you interact with our emails (such as when you open an email or click on a link inside an email).
How we use this Information
We use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our services;
- To enable us to improve our services;
- To enable us to promote our services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your account;
- To track and analyze use of the services so that we can improve how the Site is performing and provide users with the best experience possible; and
- We use information relating to your use of the Site to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use this information to ensure the security of our services and the Site.
Who we share your data with
- Any information you supply when commenting on publicly visible blog posts, possibly including personal identifiable information as well as your Profile Picture (Gravatar).
- Information covered by our Photo, Video, and Audio Release. By participating in any recorded event, you consent to the terms of our Photo, Video, and Audio Release (below).
- As a participant in online talks, online courses, and training, information will be shared with other participating students including (but not limited to) your name, email, image, and student-generated content.
- We may share your student-generated content, without your personal identifying information, with students that are participating in other of our trainings.
Trusted third-party services
- Kinetic Inquiry contractors: We use various service providers, vendors and contractors to assist us in providing our products and services to you. We may share your personal information with these contractors if it is necessary for them to do their job.
- Acquirers: We may disclose and/or transfer your personal Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of Kinetic Inquiry to which your personal information relates.
Others when required to protect Kinetic Inquiry and comply with the law
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Kinetic Inquiry’s legal rights, property, or the safety of Kinetic Inquiry, its employees, users, or others.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive once permissions have been received.
- Cookies allow a range of functions to be carried out, such as analysing web traffic through tools such as Google Analytics, letting you know when you have visited a particular page or site before. As as an example, a cookie can prevent this popup re-ocurring every time you visit this site for a given period of time.
- A Cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than data you choose to share with us.
- Cookies remember your likes, dislikes, and other preferences, so your visit can be tailored to provide you with a better website experience.
- You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can decline Cookies by modifying your website browser settings, this will prevent you from taking full advantage of the websites functionality.
- If you are browsing in Private/Incognito mode cookies will not be saved. Your preferences will not be retained, and you will see the consent dropdown every time you revisit this site.
Photo, Video and Audio Release
By participating in online events, talks, courses, you consent to the use by Kinetic Inquiry LLC of your image, voice, or both, in any video, photograph, or audio recording taken during its programs, regardless of whether these materials are used for advertising, publicity, or any other purpose on behalf of Kinetic Inquiry, LLC.
These images may be used for a variety of purposes related to the Feldenkrais Method® and Laura Yedwab’s work. They may appear on Kinetic Inquiry’s websites, Facebook page, video recordings, presentations, promotional materials or any other media now known or to be invented.
- You agree that the images may be combined with other images, text and graphics, and cropped, altered or modified.
- You agree that all such photographs, video, and audio recordings and any reproductions thereof, and all digital files, shall remain the property of Kinetic Inquiry, LLC unless otherwise noted.
- You understand that Kinetic Inquiry, LLC is not responsible for unauthorized duplication or use of the images, videos, or audio recordings by third parties, on the Internet or otherwise. You waive all claims to compensation or damages based on the use of my image or voice, or both, by Kinetic Inquiry, LLC. I also waive any right to inspect or approve the finished